What you get | How it works | Advantages | Everyone benefits | Pricing | Next steps
Who we are
Planet Footprint is the energy and environmental scorekeeper. We deliver an inexpensive subscription-based service that independently monitors and reports the energy, water, fleet, waste and greenhouse performance of over 200 local governments internationally. Whatever your particular needs are, we can help you improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your organization.
What we do
Our unique subscription-based service helps you:
- Monitor performance: We continuously measure your organization's energy, water and greenhouse performance, including consumption, costs, and emissions. We flag potential problems for you when the trends warrant your attention (too high, too low, or if they don't change over time). We track your performance towards meeting your targets and budgets.
- Report information: We present your performance in eye-catching, independent reports that are updated continuously and made available to you online 24/7. The information can be custom tailored to meet your budgeting, program and facility management needs, for planning purposes, and for funding compliance with grant related programs such as EECBG.
- Compare performance: We show you quarterly performance trends over time, based on a typical history of 1 to 2 years. Your performance is benchmarked, nationally and internationally, with similar properties (recreation building, fire station, library, pool, etc.) and climates.
- Save money and avoid waste: We help you use your information to target the best opportunities for improvement. By accessing profiles from the "best in class"performers, you can network directly with them to learn from their experience.
We manage the details, so you don't have to pay attention to them, or hire and train additional help.
What you get
For the price of an annual subscription, you receive:
- 12 months of continuous utility data collection
- Tools to manage energy and water use and costs for every municipal facility
- On-demand access to reports and data for any purpose by any staff member
- Support from our highly skilled team of sustainability experts, engineers, and I.T. specialists
- Profiling reports to improve performance of key facilities
How it works
Local government administrations subscribe to Planet Footprint on an annual basis. Once subscribed, Planet Footprint immediately commences the capture of performance data and generation of a range of reports. These reports are expertly developed by Planet Footprint, and are continuously updated as new performance data is generated. Most importantly, these reports are available to you on demand via a secure online portal- 24 hours a day, seven days a week. See the Visual Overview of Planet Footprint's scorekeeping service for details. And, there are many other advantages to our scorekeeping service as well.
- Manages the collection of energy, fleet, waste and water data needed to measure your performance either directly from your retailers/utilities or through simple and hassle-free kits.
- Gives you on-demand access to a range of reports and data extracts, designed by sustainability experts to help meet voluntary and compulsory and reporting (like Energy Star, AB 32, EECBG, CCP) quickly and confidently.
- Compares and benchmarks the performance of your organization and key properties against other cities, townships, counties and municipalities - regionally, nationally and internationally. No other organization or government agency in the world does this as successfully we do.
- Provides world-leading independence, transparency, and capacity for verification of its reports and data, which is critical for compliance audits and stakeholder confidence.
- Also delivers as standard, features that other solutions lack, including: Data Completeness Checking, Account Management, Retailer Changeover, Retailer Independence, Anomaly Identification and Management, Finance-aligned Accruals, Seasonal Estimates, Rush Reports, Online Reports, Latest Version of History, Pivot-ready Spreadsheet Data, and much more.
- Boosts your confidence. Our support team and services are always there to help you make the best use of the information you now have at your fingertips.
- Delivers the entire service quickly, and with minimal fuss and almost no disruption to staff.
- Planet Footprint is a private and profitable company. We provide continuous service that does not depend on government funding for continuity.
- Planet Footprint does not provide other energy or environmental services or goods, so the information is always independent and objective.
Everyone benefits from our service
Planet Footprint helps everyone in your community to use energy and environmental data more efficiently and effectively.
- Senior Management: improve accountability for energy and environmental performance by asset and property managers; enhance reporting capability without requiring additional staff or on-going training; track and project energy budgets and costs.
- Facility Managers: reduce time spent managing data entry and cleaning so you can get down to the business of implementing improvement projects; network with other facility managers to benefit from their successes; ensure that benefits from investments are maintained over time.
- Sustainability and Energy Managers: get the information you need on a consistent basis for tracking performance towards meeting energy use and GHG reduction goals; ensure compliance with grant requirements such as EECBG and with programs such as Energy Star and LEED.
- Elected officials and community members: get confidence that the numbers you are relying on are objective and independently verified; see how your community compares with others nationally and internationally and help with sharing success stories.
There are two basic ways to subscribe to Planet Footprint services:
- Subscribe to the full service covering every municipal account, including fleet, waste, and greenhouse gas emissions. Typical annual costs range from $1,950 or less for smaller communities to $7,950 for larger communities. Contact us for a quote or for more information.
- Subscribe to the service covering one of your properties (for example: city hall, fire station, library). The initial property costs $495; additional properties can be subscribed for $295 each. If you upgrade to the full service within 3 months of subscribing, we'll credit the fee against the full service price.
We can also help you use your EECBG funds to purchase our service. Call us to find out how at 800-859-3803.
Additional details plus occasional special prices are shown on our subscription page. Subscribe your community or request a call from us today.
Subscribe to Planet Footprint environmental score keeping and free yourself up to confidently focus on improving your bottom line.
If you haven't already, please take the tour.
- Visit the Subscribe page to view pricing and service inclusion details.
- Join our mailing list to receive our regular newsletter and other helpful information about environmental score keeping.